100 Days of School Ideas
Text Books and Life Skills
Most schools celebrate 100 Days of School with their students, it’s a great way to teach them the concept of 100. What does 100 look like? What does 100 weigh? What does 100 sound like? Have you ever asked your own child, “How old do you think I am”? Trust me, it’s never what you want to hear!
I thought I’d share with you some ideas on what others have done to celebrate this mile stone:
- In block numbers, draw the #100 on paper, print it out, let the kids use Dot Markers to fill in 100 dots
- Do the same activity using one color to introduce colors and the number 100
- Use Dot Markers to help with fine motor and dot the child’s name, numbers, letters, words, etc.
- Count out multiples of an item in tens using this Chart to add up to 100
- Amazon has a 100 Days of School Kit
- Have each child string 100 beads to a necklace, stand the ten children next to one another
- Share a sticker for 100 Days of School
- Share 100 Days of School Buttons
- 100 Days of School Activity Sheet
- 100 Days of School Pencils
Count pennies in groups of tens to make 100, use different items to show what 100 looks like, this is a fun day, CELEBRATE!
What is the old cliché’, “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
What is the old cliché’, “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin,
These my friends, are words to live by.
Creator & Owner